7 Health and Beauty Uses for Rice Water
Rice is one of the most consumed foods around the world due to both its flavor as well as its nutrition.
It was first cultivated in Asia, where it’s used today as an alternative beauty treatment.
The grains can be used to make a fermented water that can be used as a facial toner, conditioner for your hair and a drink to improve your health.
It contains significant amounts of antioxidants, minerals, vitamin E and other active compounds that make it an excellent ally for your health.
This remedy is found in many places around the world because not only is it effective, it also costs much less than the conventional products it replaces.
Today, we’d like to show you how you can make this all-natural remedy at home. We’ll also tell you about the different ways you can take advantage of its benefits.
Don’t miss out!
How do you make rice water?
Some people might think that rice water is the liquid left over after soaking the rice before cooking.
While this may work, the best way to get rice water is by boiling the rice in plenty of water.
- ½ cup white rice
- 4 cup waters
- Bring 4 cups of water to boil in a large saucepan.
- Once boiling, add the rice and let boil over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain contents through a colander, reserving the liquid in a glass container.
- Keep in the refrigerator to use over the course of a few days.
See also: Never Toss Your Rice Water Again
What are some of the uses and benefits of rice water?
During the cooking process, the rice releases high concentrations of B vitamins, folic acid, and antioxidants into the water.
Because of this fact, it’s not surprising that it can be used for many different health and beauty applications.
1. Natural conditioner
For strong, shiny, healthy hair, use this liquid in place of conventional conditioners.
- Wet the hair with plenty of rice water and let work for a few minutes before rinsing with warm water.
- You can use this remedy up to three times a week.
2. Skin toner
The compounds in rice water reduce the size of pores, remove dead skin cells and improve the action of products designed to block harmful UV rays.
These properties make it one of the best substitutes for commercial skin toners.
- Wet a cotton ball with the rice water, apply to a clean face and let dry.
- Go to bed with the product still on your skin for it to work as you sleep.
- Repeat application every day.
3. Acne treatment
The anti-inflammatory and astringent properties of this product reduce and prevent pimples.
The difference between this and similar products is that this one doesn’t contain harsh chemicals and leaves the skin feeling soft.
- Apply directly to blackheads and pimples with a cotton ball.
- Use twice daily, every day.
4. Anti-diarrheal remedy
The minerals in rice make it a good choice for treating the symptoms of diarrhea.
- Add a pinch of salt to a glass of rice water and drink twice daily.
- Take it until the diarrhea improves.
5. Natural energizer
Drinking rice water provides the body with 8 essential amino acids that help regenerate muscle.
It also contains a small amount of carbohydrates, which are a source of energy for playing sports.
- Drink a glass of rice water a half hour before training.
6. Eczema treatment
The starch in rice helps treat eczema. Use it to relieve itching, irritation and dryness.
- Rub a little rice water on the affected areas two to three times each day.
You should read: How to Eliminate Eczema Naturally
7. Remedy for constipation
If you drink one or two glasses of rice water a day, it will stimulate intestinal movement to ease constipation.
- Drink fresh or add to your fruit smoothies.
As you can see, rice water has many benefits to offer you. Go ahead and make some today and take advantage of all the nutrients contained in this amazing natural remedy.